SXSW Pitch is a featured startup showcase event that has an open call for startups to apply for the chance to participate at SXSW each March. SXSW Pitch showcases innovative new technology to a panel of industry experts, high-profile media professionals, venture capital investors, and angel investors.
- The company’s product and/or service must have been conceived no earlier than March 9, 2022.
- Each company may only enter one product or service into SXSW Pitch. A company that enters more than one product or service will not be eligible to participate in SXSW Pitch.
- Startups are encouraged to apply to multiple SXSW competitions, including SXSW Pitch, SXSW Innovation Awards and SXSW EDU Launch (if you are an education-related startup). But because we want to showcase as many different compelling startups as possible at SXSW, know that your startup will only be selected as a finalist in one of these three competitions.
- Founders of the company applying must retain some portion of ownership in the company.
- The Company must not have raised over eight (8) million dollars in funding from combined funding sources.
- Startups should be legally registered and compliant with all relevant regulations and laws in their respective jurisdictions.
- The product or service must fall into one of the SXSW Pitch categories.
2024 Application Deadlines
Early Bird Entry | Application Fee: $100 | June 27–September 10, 2023
Regular Entry | Application Fee: $220 | September 11–November 12, 2023
All deadlines end at 11:59pm PT. Late entries will not be accepted.